Today the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) announced that they plan to amend the regulations requiring landlords to install energy efficiency measures to domestic homes.
The key decisions included:
- The introduction of a capped landlord contribution of £3,500 (inclusive of VAT)
- Removal of the Consent Exemption currently available where a sitting tenant does not consent to a Green Deal charge
- Inclusion of an evidential requirement for the registration of a ‘high cost’ exemption
- Curtailment of the period of validity of previously registered ‘no cost’ exemptions
- Other policy decisions relate to the operational efficacy of the Regulations.
For more detailed information just click on the Elmhurst energy headlines LINK