Lord Foster’s Private Members bill in which he is attempting to require government to deliver on previous energy efficiency commitments through legislation.
In summary, Lord Foster is asking that the Secretary of State must ensure that:
- All domestic properties achieve at least EPC Band C by 2035, where practical, cost-effective and affordable.
- All new private sector tenancies shall have an energy efficiency performance of at least EPC band C from 31st December 2025.
- All existing private sector tenancies shall be at least EPC band C from 31st December 2028 where practical cost effective and affordable.
- All mortgage lenders must by 31st December 2030 at the latest ensure that the average energy performance level of their portfolios is at least EPC band C.
- All owner occupied homes to which this section applies shall be EPC band C by 2035
- All social landlords must ensure that a significant amount of their residential properties are at least EPC band C by 2035.
- The Future Homes Standard will require that all homes built from 1st January 2025 are zero carbon ready